Clearance lights, also known as marker lights or identification lights, are small lights located on the top and sides of a vehicle.
They are primarily used to increase the visibility of a vehicle, especially at night or in low light conditions.
Clearance lights help other drivers to see the size and shape of the vehicle, making it easier to maneuver in traffic or on narrow roads.
The Ram 1500 TRX from ASV / Ram Trucks Australia have these disconnected. Below you will find the steps to reconnect the Clearance Lights in the hood scoop and the side of the front bumper. This will also illuminate the 3 x red lights above the rear licence plate.
- Remove terminal from battery (for safety purposes)
- Undo the 7mm bolt that holds onto the connector underneath the fuse box
- There will be wires taped back, locate the white wire with green stripes.
- Note: There are 2 of them, look for the one with the brighter green stripe. If you can only find one wire, strip more of the tape back and you will find the second one a bit further down.
- Peel the first layer of tape to reveal more wires. You will see one with heat shrinked caps on them and there will be a white wire with a dark green stripe - DO NOT USE THIS WIRE.
- Peel back the second layer of tape to get the correct wire (white with bright green stripe). There will be electrical tape wrapped around the pin and has the connector plug on the end.
- Insert the pin as pictured. There is a blue safety on the harness which you have to push out from the side. Plug in your wire before sliding the safety back into place - this should click back in smoothly to confirm it's in place.
- Once this has been completed, tape up the remaining wires where you stripped the taping back together. Bolt the harness back in and click in the fuse box into place.
- Reconnect the 7mm bolt to the fuse box.
- Reconnect starter battery.
Note: Ram Trucks Australia have these disconnected to suit their compliance requirements. Reconnecting these may void warranty or the compliance of your vehicle.